05 Apr ONLINE VIDEO MARKETING STATISTICS FOR 2020
In the past 30 days, more online video content has been uploaded to the online than the past 30 years of TV content.
Let that sink certain a moment .
Business owners stand on a pivotal point in video Digital Marketing, where web-based content is view more frequently and at a better volume than TV-based content. In 2020, about 72% of consumers would rather study a product or service through videos, and Cisco predicted that video will even structure 82% of all internet traffic in 2021. This marks an enormous paradigm shift for marketers who are wont to the forced audience captivation of commercials, also because the ones who think their industry will go untouched by video.
Not only is video marketing on the increase, but brands also got to be ready to produce them quickly. not are you able to spend six months fine-tuning a video campaign—well, you can, but while you’re painstakingly editing footage, your competitor has already hosted 10 live videos, completed three social video marketing campaign cycles, and raised customer retention by 25%.
Below, I’ve compiled 50+ of the foremost pressing and informative video marketing statistics for 2020, also as takeaways you’ll apply to your own video marketing strategy. I’ve broken them down by:
• Consumers and their relationship with online video
• Video marketing trends
• Video viewership statistics
• Social video statistics
• Live video statistics
I hope you walk off with some fresh ideas for your video marketing campaigns, and remember, if you would like video marketing services, we’ve one among the simplest teams on the East Coast . Contact us here!
View a sample of what good video marketing seems like below, and inspect our channel on YouTube >>
Tangoe: What If from Blue Corona on Vimeo.
Consumers and Their Relationship with Video
• 94% of respondents during a Facebook survey (of a million people) have a smartphone available while watching TV, and viewers specialise in the TV screen just 53% of the time (Facebook, 2018)
• Millennials’ mobile consumption has now eclipsed their live TV consumption (comScore, 2018)
• During TV shows, viewers paid attention to mobile 28% of the time, and through TV ads, they paid attention to mobile quite half the time. People ages 18–24 checked out their smartphones 60% of the time during TV ads, and other people ages 45 and over did so 41% of the time (Facebook, 2018)
• Almost 50% of internet users search for videos associated with a product or service before visiting a store (ThinkWithGoogle)
• 80% of consumers believe demonstration videos are helpful when making purchases
• Online shoppers who view demo videos are 1.81x more likely to get than non-viewers (DMB Adobe)
• Nearly two-thirds of shoppers say video has given them ideas for purchases, and quite 90% of them say they’ve discovered these products and makes on YouTube (Google, 2018)
• 47% of millennials say they’ve watched YouTube videos to enhance their health or feel better after feeling down (Google, 2017)
• 86% of viewers say they frequently address YouTube to find out something new (Google)
• People spend on the average 2.6x longer on pages with video than without (Wistia)
• More than 50% of videos are watched on mobile (Ooyala, 2016)
• Half of 18- to 34-year old YouTube subscribers would drop what they’re doing to observe a replacement video by their favorite creator (Google, 2016)
• 43% of individuals want to ascertain more video content from marketers within the future (HubSpot, 2016)
• 6 in 10 YouTube subscribers would follow advice on what to shop for from their favorite creator over their favorite TV or movie personality (Google, 2017)
• Viewers retain 95% of a message once they watch it during a video compared to 10% when reading it during a text (Forbes, 2018)
How-to videos under 60 seconds and optimized for mobile are your ally . Because consumers prefer short videos, they’re more likely to observe yours if they know you provide quick, succinct details. It’s not difficult to star during a how-to video. found out a camera (phone camera will do) and rehearse something your company does, whether that’s HVAC repairs, arts and crafts, or an easy recipe from your restaurant. Unless it’s a complicated how-to video, simplify it enough that a 5-year-old could understand.
Video Marketing Statistics
• Including a video on a landing page can increase conversion rates by 80% (Unbounce, 2018)
• 81% of companies use video as a marketing tool (Hubspot, 2018)
• Video drives a 157% increase in organic traffic from SERPs
• 97% of marketers say video has helped increase user understanding of their product or service, 76% say it helped them increase sales, and seven say it helped them reduce support queries (Hubspot, 2018)
• By 2019, video will account for 80% of worldwide internet traffic, and 85% within the U.S. (Cisco)
• Two-thirds of marketers and agency executives see video marketing because the next trend in content marketing (iab)
• 52% of marketers believe that video is effective for brand awareness
• 82% of B2C businesses report that video has become their hottest content marketing tactic (Content Marketing Institute)
• 43% of marketers said they’d create more video content if there have been no obstacles like time, resources, and budget (Buffer)
• 48% of marketers decide to add YouTube to their content strategy within the next year (HubSpot)
• Marketers who use video grow revenue 49% faster than non-video users (VidYard)
• 44% of SMB owners and marketers decide to spend money to market their video content on Facebook in 2017 (Animoto)
• 73% of B2B marketers say that video positively impacts marketing ROI
• Companies which use videos in their marketing enjoy 27% higher CTR and 34% higher web conversion rates than those which don’t
• Including a video on a landing page can increase conversion rates by 80%
The biggest obstacle for marketers to feature video marketing is getting started. It doesn’t take thousands of dollars to supply a video anymore—the best live videos are completely unscripted and shot with camera phones. (Check out this list of great video editing tools for little businesses by Buffer.) Once you’ve started using video, start tracking movement on your website. Do pages with video have a better conversion rate? Once you’ll tie services and products to sorts of video success, you’ll most definitely increase your bottom line.
• 65% of video viewers watch quite ¾ of a video (Syndacast)
• 92% of mobile video viewers share videos with others.
• 55% of individuals watch videos online a day (MWP)
• YouTube has over a billion users, almost one-third of all people on the web (YouTube)
• There are an estimated 400 hours of latest videos uploaded to YouTube every minute (Youtube)
• As of March 2015, creators filming in YouTube Space locations have produced over 10,000 videos that have generated over 1 billion views and 70+ million hours of watch time (YouTube)
• Among millennials, YouTube accounts for two-thirds of the premium online video watch across devices (ThinkWithGoogle)
• Videos up to 2 minutes long get the foremost engagement (Wistia, 2016)
• Nearly two-thirds of consumers prefer video under 60 seconds (Animoto)
See what proportion it costs to advertise on YouTube here >>
The biggest takeaway here is that it pays to advertise on YouTube. it’s an enormous audience, and more and more consumers are using it to guide their purchasing decision. There are a couple of differing types of YouTube ads, so confirm you familiarize yourself with them or hire a PPC specialist to assist .
Social Video Statistics
• 64% of consumers make a sale after watching branded social videos (Tubular insights, 2017)
• 38% of marketers share video content on LinkedIn, and over 55% said they might continue, or start, in 2018 (Hubspot)
• 45% of individuals watch quite an hour of Facebook or YouTube videos every week (HubSpot, 2016)
• 85% of Facebook video is watched without sound (Digiday)
• 100 million hours of video content are watched on Facebook daily
• Facebook tallies 8 billion average daily video views
• Snapchatters watch 10 billion videos each day (AdWeek)
• 82% of Twitter users watch video content on Twitter (Bloomberg)
• 65% of individuals who watch the primary three seconds of a Facebook video will await a minimum of 10 seconds, and 45% will await 30 seconds (Facebook, 2016)
• 93% of Twitter videos are watched on mobile (Twitter, 2016)
• In Q3 2014, Facebook served 1 billion video views to users. By Q2 2015, that number bumped up to 4 billion, and by the Q4 2015 earnings call, that number exploded to quite 8 billion
• Snapchat video ads deliver over 2X the lift in purchase intent compared to TV, YouTube, Instagram, and Facebook video ads (MediaScience, 2016)
It’s no secret that I’m hooked in to social media marketing, but social video marketing is basically where the cash is. due to its growing popularity, getting your foot within the door is paramount. The more mainstream it becomes, the higher people are getting to roll in the hay . If you wait, you’ll be behind the pack.
For video advertising success, confirm your social video ads have captions, are but 30 seconds, and have a captivating thumbnail image.
• A significant 50% of marketers plan on using live video services like Facebook Live and Periscope, and 50% want to find out more about live video
• Periscope users have created quite 200 million broadcasts (Periscope, 2016)
• Periscope users watch 110 years of live videos a day
• 43% of marketers said they’d create more live videos if there have been no obstacles like time, resources, and budget
• Live video is given preference within the Facebook newsfeed
• People spend, on the average , quite 3x longer watching a Facebook Live video than a video that’s not live (Facebook, 2016)
• Video of a live event increases brand favorability by 63% (Twitter, 2016)
• 82% of Livestream’s survey respondents prefer live video from a brand to social posts (Livestream, 2016)
Want to attach with thousands of individuals in real-time? accompany live video. Don’t let it scare you! Your live value doesn’t got to be Pepsi-quality—set up your phone and just sit down. Or film it while you walk. Of have an impromptu interview with an industry expert. Interview homeowners after a storm about home damage. Have a live catwalk of your latest line of garments . the choices are actually endless.
For live video success, speak clearly, have an outline , and confirm your broadcast is longer than 3 minutes.
This post doesn’t need a conclusion, the statistics represent themselves.
One thing to recollect is that while creating video could also be easier with camera phones and editing apps, you would like an honest advertiser to form sure the proper people are seeing it. We are in fact happy to assist , so allow us to know what you need!